Vik Appointments Services Booking Calendar for WordPress
The popular appointments booking calendar system is now available also for WordPress as a Native Plugin!
If you are looking for a professional tool to schedule and manage both appointments and bookings of various services or employees, then this is definitely the right solution for your project.
Vik Appointments is an experienced piece of software with thousands of tailored functions designed to fit the needs of several types of business, such as medical centers, doctors, lawyers, hair stylists, SPA services, escape games and much more.
Accept online reservations and schedule the appointments for each employee in a smart and efficient way.
Thanks to its key features, Vik Appointments is the perfect plugin for those kind of companies and service providers that have many employees:
you will be able to manage and let the employees to receive payments singularly; as well, each employee will be able to manage its working time and the services that he offers thanks to a dedicated personal area.
An “ employee” can represent a person, an object, a room or anything else that could be scheduled to receive bookings.
Those who need to offer/sell online services through meetings or video-conferences can use the complementary (not included) Zoom meetings plugin for Vik Appointments.
Born for a different CMS than WordPress, the same powerful framework is now at the service of all webmasters, designers and web-agencies that build websites with WordPress.
Do not look any further, the features of Vik Appointments will outnumber any other similar plugin!
Visit VikWP.com for more details.
Some of its key features
- Customizable dashboard and analytics pages
- Custom types of service with custom durations and rates
- Employees management
- Employees personalized cost for services
- Extended working days with custom shifts
- Front-end smart appointments booking process
- Manual/offline reservations via back-end to keep the availability calendars up to date
- Calendars overview and reports
- Invoices generation
- Coupons to offer reservation discounts
- Status codes management
- Composite taxes
- WebHooks and API framework
- Search widget for the front-end to easily book an appointment
- A stunning widget to book the appointments without leaving the page
Some of the Pro version features
- Full booking management from the back-end
- Front-end employees area
- Customers & documents management
- Services options and special rates
- Employees locations
- Packages purchase
- Employees subscription fees to build a portal
- Customers subscriptions e-commerce
- Custom fields management
- Payments to Service Providers or directly to the Employees
- Cart system to book multiple appointments at once
- Custom Payment Gateways (over 60 available on VikWP.com)
- SMS Gateways and Cron Jobs for automated notifications
- Various widgets to enhance the look of your front-end
- Zoom meetings & online video-conferences integration (Zoom.us)
- Google ReCaptcha forms validation
The following integrations may require some of our additional plugins, which might not be free in some cases. Please visit VikWP for further details.
Interested in, curious about the Pro version?
You should take a look with your own eyes at the demo website to see what you can do with Vik Appointments. Do not stop at the front-end though, make sure to visit the wp-admin section too.
This plugin provides 1 block.
- VikAppointments Services Booking Calendar
Installation through the WordPress Plugins Browser
- Search for “ Vik Appointments” in the Add Plugins section of your website back-end
- Install the Plugin by clicking on the apposite button
- Activate the Plugin by using the related activation button
- A link to access and configure Vik Appointments will be visible in the side menu
- Enjoy it
Alternative Installation Method
You can only install the free version of Vik Appointments, not the Pro version. If for some reasons the WordPress Repository installation won’t work, you can contact us to receive the zip installer file and upload it via FTP onto your server.
- Download the installer zip file from VikWP.com
- Unzip the archive on your computer’s local drive
- Upload via FTP the unzipped folder vikappointments onto your /wp-content/plugins directory
- Log in to your wp-admin section and activate the plugin
Or, alternatively, just try to directly upload the ZIP archive through the Upload Plugin section of your website.
Is upgrading to Pro mandatory?
No, not at all. However, it took our company 5 years to build the Pro version and we are willing to spend a lot more years of work on this software. We encourage you to evaluate the free version first, and then upgrade to Pro to unlock its potential.
Why some functions are not available in the free version?
We make money by selling licenses of the Pro version because our goal is to keep Vik Appointments the best solution for those who need to use it everyday for their business. Maintaining and always developing new features is a heavy cost for our company.
Is it worth upgrading to Pro?
Vik Appointments is not a one-page plugin. You can build websites worth a lot of money thanks to this plugin. You don’t need anything else to deliver a complete website, if not a Theme and some experience with WordPress.
Can I build a portal?
You can do that with the Pro version, but it depends on what type of portal you need.
If you are working on a project for a portal with independent employees, like a network of doctors, baby-sitters, hair stylists or any other professional, then Vik Appointments is the right choice.
However, multiple vendors, like companies that should be able to manage several of their employees (but not all), are not supported. This means that employees can either be managed by the website administrators, or by themselves through their accounts. Not by some sort of groups or companies.
Can I use Vik Appointments with my preferred Theme?
Yes, of course. You are free to install Vik Appointments on your website with your own Theme. The plugin will adjust to it thanks to its own CSS framework. It is also possible to work on a custom CSS file to adjust some layouts.
Will I lose any contents if I upgrade to Pro?
Absolutely not. Upgrading to the Pro version is a simple and smooth process. You won’t lose any data from your current configuration.
Is Google Calendar syncing supported?
Yes it is, if you are using VikAppointments 1.2.5 or an higher version.
Alternatively, Vik Appointments only supports one-way syncing with any ICS Calendar, such as Google or Apple iCal. You can tell your calendar system to import the reservations from Vik Appointments by using the apposite calendar subscription URL of the plugin.
However, Vik Appointments will not sync with such external calendar URLs. For example, if you create an event from your Google Calendar, this won’t be listed in Vik Appointments.
Anyhow, you can achieve something similar by connecting the API framework of VikAppointment to Zapier, a third-party system able to dispatch certain web hooks at specific trigger events.
Contributors & Developers
“VikAppointments Services Booking Calendar” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“VikAppointments Services Booking Calendar” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Interested in development?
Release date – 17 June 2022
- Various enhancements for WP Site Health.
- Prevented e-mail sending to employees without a configured e-mail address.
- Adjusted various buttons with an attached “ copy-to-clipboard” feature.
- Fixed issue that was always resetting the number of participants to 1 after saving a reservation from the employees area.
- Fixed price calculation while updating a reservation from the employees area.
- Fixed REST API error while trying to save a page with “ confirmapp” shortcode.
- The One-Page Booking widget now properly displays the currency symbol rather than “ undefined” .
- Fixed an issue that was auto-removing the created closures after some time.
Release date – 23 May 2022
- Added support to WordPress 6.0
- Fixed an issue that was ignoring the access level of the items.
- Fixed an issue that was displaying the cron schedules with a wrong encoding.
- The Overview widget published within the WP dashboard now properly displays the currency symbol rather than “ undefined” .
Release date – 28 April 2022
- Fixed a bug that could restore the settings of a cron job to their default value.
- Fixed a fatal error that could occur with classic editor inside the management of a post/page.
- Added missing “ Custom Fields” language definition in the employees area.
- Fixed fatal error occurred in case of a SMS notification failure.
- Minor JS adjustments.
Release date – 5 April 2022
- When creating a shortcode with Elementor (as well as any other page builder), the resulting preview should now be visible.
- Added missing translations to the datepicker of the One-Page Booking widget.
- Fixed a fatal error that could occur with PHP 8 or higher.
- Fixed the validation of the year applied by the Offline Credit Card payment gateway.
Release date – 8 March 2022
- Implemented a new system to import the appointments from remote calendars, such as Google, Apple and so on.
- Introduced a new parameter to apply an extra duration to the appointments through the options.
- It is now possible to restrict the options by user group.
- Extended the import/export framework by adding support to groups, services, employees, options and locations.
- Generic improvements to the login/registration form.
- Added a new search parameter to filter the cron jobs logs by date.
- Added a new setting to auto-flush the logs registered by the cron jobs.
- The system now displays the correct maximum upload size.
- Updated the URL to load Google Maps to the latest version.
- The custom fields of multi-select type now correctly display the placeholder.
- Fixed PHP warning displayed within the dashboard of the employees area.
- Fixed recursive import of backup elements.
- Created a new stunning widget to complete the whole booking process in a single page.
For further details about older versions, please refer to the changelog.md file of the plugin.