The Redirect plugin supports in the creation and management of redirects, to tie loose ends on your website. You can add your redirects via the GUI or pastebin and track the hits for each redirect. The validator for creating / editing redirects filters out redirect loops or chains and gets confirmation if you are trying to redirect from a URL that is live.
* creation / updating of redirects via either GUI or pastebin
* validation against redirect chains / loops
* confirmation when redirecting from live URL’s
* tracking of redirect usage
Upload the Redirect plugin to your blog and Activate it.
For people Updating, Please download a csv backup of your redirects before updating.
This can be found at the bottom of the Redirect plugin’s page and labeled “ download csv”
Contributors & Developers
“Knock on Wood Redirect” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Plugin rewright including new admin front-end
- Added Settings page
- Added ‘Disable yoast automatic redirect creation’ setting
- Made mass input page consistent with the redirects page
- Fixed loading issues
- redirects triggered by site administrators no longer registers in to the clicks statistic.