The plugin renders a tag cloud using a professionally designed tag image as a background.
The plugin’s tag cloud is completely responsive and is correctly rendered in all browsers.
The main usage is with the “ Cool Tag Cloud” widget but you can also use the shortcode [cool_tag_cloud].
Here’s the list of all available parameters for the shortcode:
- style=” default|silver|green|red|blue|brown|purple|cyan|lime|black”
- font_family=” Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif”
- smallest=” 10″
- largest=” 10″
- align=” left|right”
- font_weight=” normal|bold”
- text_transform=” none|uppercase|lowercase|capitalize”
- number=” 20″
- order_by=” name|count”
- order=” ASC|DESC|RAND”
- taxonomy=” post_tag”
- nofollow=” yes|no”
- animation=” yes|no”
- on_single_display=” global|local”
- on_archive_display=” all|children|siblings|descendants”
- exclude=” 1,2,3″
- include=” 1,2,3″
If you liked my plugin, please rate it.
This plugin is maintained by WPKube, a WordPress resource site where you can find helpful guides like how to choose the right list building plugin, how to install WordPress, choose the best WordPress hosting, and more.
- Upload cool-tag-cloud folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress.
- Add the plugin’s widget on the Appearance\Widgets page.
- That’s all.
Why is the font size limited to 17px?
Because when a larger font size is set, the tag text does not fit into the tag image.
Does the plugin support localization?
Yes, please use translate.wordpress.org.
Contributors & Developers
“Cool Tag Cloud” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
2.28 (October 3rd, 2022 )
- Option to show siblings, chidren or descendants of the “ active tag” when on an archive page of a tag/term.
2.27 (November 2nd, 2021 )
- Fix CSS issues
- Removed unused “ tooltip” option
2.26 (September 24th, 2021 )
- Escape/sanitize dynamic values for HTML attributes
2.25 ( May 24th, 2020 )
- Option to get top tags and order them alphabetically
2.23 ( December 29th, 2020 )
- Ability to disable !important CSS by setting option name “ cool_tag_cloud_important” to “ no” or a PHP constant COOL_TAG_CLOUD_IMPORTANT to false
2.22 ( November 25th, 2020 )
- Issue with div tag closing incorrectly when no tags found
2.21 ( September 11th, 2020 )
- WordPress 5.5 compatibility bump
- Fix – When “ On single post display” is set to “ Tags from shown post” the “ Exclude” paramater stops functioning
- Fix – When “ On single post display” is set to “ Tags from shown post” and the current post has no tags it shows all tags instead of showing nothing
2.20 ( June 19th, 2020 )
- WordPress 5.4 compatibility bump
2.19 ( January 14th, 2020 )
- Option to have a non-linked list of tags ( span instead of anchor )
2.18 ( October 21st, 2019 )
- Fix “ Warning: Illegal offset type in isset or empty…” when title not supplied
2.17 ( October 4th, 2019 )
- Option to limit the amount of shown tags and have a “ view more” button to expand for full list
2.16 ( September 2nd, 2019 )
- Option to show children terms of a specified parent term
2.15 ( August 9th, 2019 )
- Option to include multiple taxonomies
2.14 ( July 24th, 2019 )
- The class “ ctc-active” will be added to the tags and categories that are connected to the currently shown post
2.13 ( April 12th, 2019 )
- The local “ on single post display” option now works for custom post types
- Added options to include/exclude specific tags by ID
- Added option to show post count for tags
- Added [cool_tag_cloud] shortcode
- PHP7 compatibility fixes
- the option to show tags of the shown post now works for pages as well
- option to set the widget to show the tags of the shown post ( on single post )
- minor tweaks
- removed widget_tag_cloud_args filter
- added compressed png images
- removed the bundled languages in favour of language packs from translate.wordpress.org
- added Chinese (Taiwan) translation (thanks to 陳泰澄)
- added French translation (thanks to Wolforg)
- added 10 different color styles
- added “ Animation on hover” option
- added “ Image align” option
- css fixes
- first version